Monday 15 February 2016

Science Teaching Leadership Programme

It's been a busy but amazing two weeks.
I'm really fortunate to be out of school for two terms as part of the Royal Society Science Teaching and Leadership Programme.  Basically it gives me an opportunity to experience real science, develop my leadership skills and curriculum knowledge and have the time to think about the sort of science programme we would like to have at school.

I am being hosted by Zealandia, an incredible fenced ecosanctuary just ten minutes from Wellington city.



Please continue to check back as I intend to make regular updates about all of my different experiences.
My first day was spent going for a day walk, I walked almost the length of the valley and wandered up to the Brooklyn wind turbine, then back down a different track, along the Fault Line track and back.  It was wonderful.  I even got a huge fright as tuatara scuttled across the track in front of me!  





No comments:

Post a Comment